A special thank you and congratulations to Ashford faculty Sabbatical Winners. We received many high quality submissions this year, but unfortunately we could only select a few. Each of the winning faculty members were selected by college so we can support each area of study. The sabbatical offers a break from teaching courses to better focus on important professor scholarship and research.
College of Health, Human Services, & Science
- Dr. Clair DeCristofaro – Cholesterol Management.
- Dr. Sandra Rebeor – A Community Workshop for Caregivers affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
College of Liberal Arts
- Dr. Mathew Laubacher – “The Right Kind of Stuff:” Collectors and Collection in United States during the Golden Age of Natural History.
College of Education
- Dr. Kathleen Pierce-Friedman – A Study of Teaching in Isolation and the Effects on Self-Efficacy for Instructors in the Online School Setting.
- Dr. Maureen Lienau – Continuing research on resources and services for AU students facing housing, food, and other insecurities.
Division of General Education
- Dr. Chris Lorkowski – Two chapters for a mid-level philosophy of religion text entitled Atheism Considered.
- Dr. Cheri Ketchum – The impact of video-based feedback on student satisfaction and performance and faculty workload and gratification.
Forbes School of Business & Technology™
- Dr. Murad Abel –Market Alignment of Student Skills.